dinsdag 13 oktober 2009


Workshop in Vienna,

International Portraittage. Arrangement by Fotowerkstatt.
Just back from Vienna today.
Doing a workshop on the sunday.
Was a fantastic experience.
Austrian are very nice easygoing and enthousiastic people.
Was doing a talk and some photography about portraiture.
Arriving saturday evening at Vienna Airport, Robert (Fotowerkstatt) was already waiting to take us to a beautyfull hotel close to Vienna.
Having a good evening dinner we (Christina and I) had a short talk to some people of Epson.
After we tested the computer and lights, we had a last drink and went into our
Sleepingrooms.
My workshop started at 12.15 and went on till almost 18.30. Of course with some breaks.
Portraiture and why it changes, what are the most wanted positions to use in the studio, the marketing, the vision. Why things go as they go.
Use of light and composition. The triangles of posings, of lights.
Concepts of photography in different themes.
Photoshop ideas.
The use of my new way of making black and white, using Nik Software’s
Slver Efex Pro:
See images of the modelshoot and the Nik Software in Photoshop.
I try to show al the steps.
Also the use of color and different lighting systems:
Octobox, new super-spot light and rimlighting.
Difficulties of demonstrating is always the situation you are in.
Using this fantastic model Irina, it was almost as it was nothing to do.
Her posing was perfect, but expression was too much as a trained “how it should be”. That is not what I wanted. Expressions that are so controlled but still look ok. There is nothing wrong, it is even beautyfull, but still it lacks a kind of feeling and sensativity. That is a trained model often.
Irina tried and did good. But who is Irina.......

In this evening I also met David Jay.
An Amarican photographer, doing a programme about marketing, workflow, website and usage of slideshow. About his products: making your personal style of website (great programme) and the use of his programme in creating fabulous slideshows in minutes. For also amazing prices. Just 200 dollar for this slideshowprogramme..... really something I am going to use.
But as I spoke to him we really clicked. He is modest but knows exactly where he is.
So I watched his programme.
Really smooth and no mistakes. His story is very good, his photography ........
Loved his weddingshoot in the rain. WOW.
Must do something together with this great young fellow.
Thanks to lots of people I want to thank, I have a new experience in my heart that I will cherish the rest of my life !!!!!!



p.s
Specially in NikSoftware you should use the Tone Curve in FilmTypes.
I think NikSoftware should put tis more in the top of usage, for now you really need to discover the curves inside the Silver Efex Pro.


You can go to my facebook and read more about niksoftware!!!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten